Tutors’ Guidance for online tuition
Swindon Music Service recommends Zoom as their preferred platform. We have attached a set of powerpoint slides to assist you with your training. Remote working Training March 2020
Tips for Tutors
We have compiled some tips to assist you with your sessions Click here
Setting up a good virtual classroom environment
Zoom has produced guidance how to set up a safe classroom environment for you to proved. Click the link to find out more
Best practice for securing your online environment
Zoom has produced further guidance on securing your tuition environment online. To find out more click the link
- Communications must be undertaken by parents/carers and not pupils on the parental devices.
- Do not undertake private chats with the pupil or share images.
- Do not communicate with the pupil outside of the scheduled session.
- As with all communications, the content and language of messages must at all time be professional by all parties concerned.
- The duration of the lesson should be kept to a reasonable length in order to allow the family to ‘get on’ with their day.
Suitable Teaching Environment:
- Both pupils and tutors must be physically located in safe working spaces, appropriate for online lessons; a lounge or study is appropriate, a bedroom or bathroom is not.
- Tutors should be in a room where others cannot see or listen in. If this is to possible, then headphones should be worn, and screens angled away from other people. Recommended virtual backgrounds are available on remote platforms (which blocks out any surroundings).
- Online classrooms must be regarded as an extension of the physical classroom and the safeguarding expectations that pertain to this, such as, professional communications, attire, and language.
- Tutors should confirm at the start of each lesson that an adult is in close proximity to the pupil. If an adult is not available at the pupil’s home, the lesson should to go ahead
- Tutors should be dressed appropriately for remote teaching.
- Tutors should wear thier badged lanyard at all times during the lesson.
- Tutors should ensure that they have an up-to-date DBS check. SMS tutors are checked ever there-years.