Rock School provides contemporary musical tuition in Swindon, based on activities at The Platform, and “satellite” schools in the area . SYM’s RockPod Band Academy offers a new hi-tech, fun and informal way of learning, being the first installation of its type in the South of England. Based at The Platform, RockPod provides an introduction to Rock, Pop and Urban music covering all instruments – drum-kit, guitar (electric & bass), keyboards and vocals, and caters for the beginner musician aspiring to sing or play in a band.
RockPod is inclusive, students do not need to own or play an instrument to learn and it can lead to SYM Rock School, which provides progression pathways for the young rock bands’ musical development. The innovative sound technology allows many bands to use the same tutor-led rehearsal space, so that bands can learn and develop skills alongside one another. Rock School also offers individual band members the opportunity to progress their technical skills on drum-kit, guitar, keyboard and vocals, through the Instrument Clubs. RockPod Band Academy and Rock School meet several evenings a week.
What’s the RockPod all about?
This is a new hi tech way of learning, unique and the first of its kind in the South of England
Learning music through formal and informal methods. The whole purpose of the RockPod is to allow people to experience, learn and play contemporary music. All equipment in the RockPod is provided.
- This is an open ended programme running weekly
- Gives those participating the opportunity to specialise on one instrument
- Classes will be in group setting on one of the following:- Drums; Guitar (electric & bass); Keyboards and Vocals
- Corporate team building sessions
- Birthday Parties for all ages
- Community groups (Youth Clubs, Clubs, Brownies etc.)
- Gift vouchers are available for one-off sessions