What’s new for 2021-22
- We are adding Charanga licence to our Bronze, Silver & Gold membership for the year. We have found this to be a very valuable resource for school – especially during national lockdowns.
- We will now assign a specialist Music Outreach Lead to your school who will assist you to develop your music provision unique to your needs and to help you develop your school Music Plan – a requirement by OFSTED.
- Funding opportunities – Once you become a hub member school you can apply for a Music Development Grant of up to £500. We will be looking to award up to 8 projects in 2021-22 for schools.
Below is a table of ‘drop-downs’ showing you what’s on offer for your school when working towards the National Plan for Music Education (NPME). National Plan for Music Education
How do the services meet the NPME outcomes? click the button to see the key: Links to our services to the NPME
Hub Membership of Swindon Schools - How does it work for my school?
Show that you share our belief in the importance of music education and sign up as a member in our Hub - it's easy!
- On-line access to music resources and curriculum templates
- Free help line from qualified music education specialists
- Free Charanga annual licence for swindon infant, junior & primary membership schools
- Membership of Music Mark
- Access to subsidised prices for whole class, large, small and individual tuition
- Access to the subsidised additional menu Buy-as-you-go.
Infant, Junior, Primary & Special
gives you the core support package outlined above, including:
- access to subsidised prices for music provision on a yearly basis
- access to the buy-as-you-go menu on a yearly basis.
- WCET Celebration concert.
- Free Charanga licence.
- Membership of Music Mark (national organisation)
- The subsidised offers are:
- IN2MUSIC at KS1
- MUSIC4U (WCET)
- Large/small and individual tuition Buy-as you-go menu
- as above plus:
- 1 staff CPD session at your school
- as above plus:
- 2 staff CPD session at your school
KS2 Whole Class Ensemble Tuition (IN2MUSIC)
Th programme is considered an element of our INCLUSION strategy as it involves the whole class. The programmes supplements and enhances your music curriculum and is delivered during the school day.
Click on the button to get more information: Information - overview - price list
Individual Tuition in School
"The instrumental tuition gave pupils a hands on experience of music making that has inspired many to learn an instrument of their own"
Swindon Music Service offers high quality individual tuition in a range of styles and genres. Standards are outstanding and tuition id delivered by highly skilled, DBS cleared instrumental tutors.
Instrumental lessons available:
We offer instrumental & vocal lessons in a flexible way to meet your busy schedules, either at school, at the music centre or at home through online Zoom platform
School Purchasing through the Service Level Agreement: School Purchase information and Price list>>
Schools facilitating with parents paying directly to the music service: Parents Purchase information and Price list>>
How does it work?
- A school can buy in a block of time to allow their students to access tuition. The schools can then either:
- offer tuition free to students, or
- claim fees directly form parents themselves (Pupils Premium can also be used for those pupils who qualify)
- a minimum of 1-hour per tutor for 10-sessions spread over two terms (6-term system - further blocks of 10 sessions can be purchased on a Buy-As-You-Go approach) must be purchased.
- Parents Direct Pay
- parents/carers can be directed by the school to the music service to register through the e Parent-Direct-Pay scheme.
- an easy process has also been developed to allow for those students who receive free school meals can access the music service remissions fund and receive up to 60% discount on the fees and 100% for those pupils who are categorised as Looked After Children (LAC) by the Local Authority. (subject to funding being available).
- again, the school will need to have a minimum of 1-hour's tuition per week per tutor to take place in the school. Alternatively, lessons can be undertaken online or at the music centre (The Platform, Faringdon Road).