Swindon Music Service is the lead organisation in the Music Education Hub for Swindon (Make Music Swindon). The hub commissioned Dr Phil Mullen to undertake an independent review of the hub. You can find out more about the inclusion strategy on the hub’s website. Make Music Swindon's Inclusion Strategy
Swindon Music Service has recently appointed an Inclusion Lead as part of the staff, who ensures that our programmes are inclusive.
As part of the Inclusion Strategy, the current services offers by Swindon Music Service are as follows:
- Whole Class Ensemble Tuition – in schools caters for an inclusive approach ensuring all pupils at school can participate.
- We offer a special schools programme
- Our voice festivals caters for an inclusive approach, again ensuring all pupils can participate in the performances
- The formation of a youth LGBT+ choir
- The introduction of sound beams and sensory musical equipment into the Swindon Young Musicians programme
- The integration of music technology alongside traditional musical instruments within some ensembles