How we aim to support schools in Swindon
We work directly with schools across the borough to develop and deliver their music programmes, including workshops, teacher training, curriculum support and music lessons. Our schools Outreach Coordinators are equipped with information about local teachers, instruments, funding and resources to support classroom teachers and music coordinators.
Why use our service?
Click the button to see why you should use our services Click here
How our services support the National Curriculum – Music
CPD Offer for Academic Year 2022-23
- SEND focused CPD & Training 13th July 2022 – Delivered by Charanga is aimed at all those teaching music in the SEND setting. To book a place click the button Book
- Ofsted Deep Dive 14th September 2022 – This session will be delivered by Sue Nicholls and will give you an insight as to what to expect when visited by Ofsted. the session will run from 1-3.15pm. If you are a school hub member, you can attend free of charge. No- hub members, the cost is cost £60 pp. To book a place, click the button and complete the form: Book
- SEN/D & Special Resources Provision (SRPs) – More information to come.
- Expectations, progression and how to evidence it! – More information to come.
- Get them singing – Keep them singing – More information to come.
- How to make the most of your musical instruments in the classroom – More information to come.
Thinking about starting your school Artsmark Journey?
Swindon Music Service is now an Artsmark Partner. See how our services can support you. Click here
Our service offer to Swindon Schools 2022-23 Academic Year!
You can view our latest brochure for schools.Brochure
Whats New for 2022-23?
- Improved schools hub membership with support from Music Specialist Outreach officers
- Online resources
- Annual CPD programme
- Remissions for instrumental and vocal tuition where families meet the criteria
- Support services outlined for the National Curriculum and Artsmark
Instrumental & Vocal lessons in schools
You can view the brochure for schools and parents. Click here
There are two options when schools offer tuition in their school:
- The school buys in blocks of time (a minimum of 1 hour is required per instrument family). This option attracts free instrument loan through the school admin process
- Parent Direct Pay (PDP). This is where parents pay the fees directly to SMS. We also offer instrument hire at very competitive rates (below commercial rates). Lessons Fees for Parent Direct Pay. Click here
- PDP also attracts our REMISSION grants for both tution and instrument hire where a family qualifies – See our remissions leaflet Remissions Leaflet
The benefits of us using SpeedAdmin
The video outlines the many benefits for schools, parents, students, teachers and the admin teams.
Through your Hub membership, you will be able to access many resources, help and support documents and videos. Here is some initial help offered free:
Once you are a Hub member you can use our Swindon Music Service documents which takes you through the following process:
- Self-Assessment of your current whole school music provision
- Write your Music Policy
- Write a strategy for implementing which involves your curriculum mapping
- Review & Health Check
- Music in schools: wider still, and wider
- Music in schools: what hubs must do
- Education Inspection Framework
- Music Mark, Ofsted music deep dive resources and information
- Amanda Spielman 2020 – Creativity and Education
- Ofsted: Research review series – Music
- Music Mark – Ofsted and Deep Dive Guidance
- General information about Deep Dives and new framework from Ofsted
- Kapow Primary
Useful links below