KS3 & 4 (11-16 yrs)
How to order services:
Swindon Music Service has a new online order form being launched for academic year 2023-24
Progression Programme at KS3 (Accessible through the Hub Gold membership category
IN2MUSIC –Continuation programmes ( 1 hour that can be used forIndividual, paired or small group tuition)
Continuation builds on the performance skills, creativity and aural awareness gained through the First Access programme programmes at primary school. These programmes ensure progression and support your pupils to progress to the next level. Research has shown that 90% of children accessing whole class instrumental teaching benefit from positive health and wellbeing that also improves social skills.
These programmes are delivered by employed specialist music tutors and not self-employed tutors.
Swindon Music Service offers WCET on the following instrument sets and can used for 1:1, paired or small group tuition:
- Brass (trumpets & trombones)
- Woodwind (clarinets, flutes)
WCET is delivered by: Swindon Music Service
More more details and cost, contact Paul Rowe email@example.com
Individual and small group tuition
Swindon Music Service takes a flexible approach to instrumental and vocal lessons offering a range of opportunities for children to access. Lessons are offered in school (during the schools day, subject to headteacher approval), out-of-school at music centre venues, or online lessons. These lessons are mainly offered in 20 or 30 minutes sessions over a 30-weeks of the academic year, but this can be negotiated with the various organisations outlined below.
- Violin, viola, cello, ukulele, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar
- Recorder, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon (tenoroon)
- French horn, trumpet, cornet, trombone, euphonium
- Drum kit, piano, keyboard
More more details and cost, contact Lynn Hawkins firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two options when schools offer tuition in their school:
- The school buys in blocks of time (a minimum of 1 hour is required per instrument family). This option attracts free instrument loan through the school admin process
- Parent Direct Pay (PDP). Electronic Registration form Electronic Registration from. This is where parents pay the fees directly to SMS. We also offer instrument hire at very competitive rates (below commercial rates). Lessons Fees for Parent Direct Pay. Click here. PDP also attracts our REMISSION grants for both tuition and instrument hire where a family qualifies – See our remissions leaflet Remissions Leaflet
School Hub Membership
When your school joins the hub, it opens up a whole new world of support, resources, training and advice from music education specialists.
Once you become a member, you can access the materials through a password protected section. Your school will be sent the password once you join up. School Hub Member Login
Secondary schools Voice Workshop for KS 3 & 4
Singing is a unique form of self-expression accessible to all. It promotes self-esteem and emotional well-being, and is a fundamental means of communication. Singing together builds a sense of community, and it is evident in most cultures, celebrations and key moments of life. It is an important part of early learning and development, and is the natural starting point for music-making.
We believe that by providing a comprehensive singing programme in your school we can support your staff in delivering a valuable musical experience for your pupils.
Our annual Voice Music Festivals include CPD for school staff and entry in to the Festival for your pupils
- Secondary schools voice workshop is usually held October).
Entry onto the workshop is usually through the schools membership programme. If you choose not to join the hub but would still wish to allow your students to ay=ttend, you can purchase this through the Buy-As-You-Go scheme
Live Music Roadshow videos
Each year we offer the following live performances in support of your music curriculum:
- Rock & Pop show Video 1 or Video 2
- Percussion show Video 1 or Video 2
- Wind instruments show
- Strings show
Each show lasts approximately 45 minutes
For more details contact: email@example.com
You can order the Roadshow Videos on our Buy-As-You-Go form Buy-As-You-Go Order Form
We are adding new resources to our site all the time. You can access some free resources or, if you are a hub members school, you can access documents (such as Deep Dive Ofsted), CPD videos and much more. When you become a member school, you can request a login.
Resources for your school Free Resources Login
Schools can request support from Swindon Music Service to develop the following:
- School Music Plan (new for the NPME v.2)
- School Music Health check
- Singing Strategy
- Online CPD sessions
- Face-to-face CPD sessions
To book an online or face to face session click here: Booking Calendar
School Music Plan – Make Music Swindon
Arts Mark Partner support plan
Model Music Curriculum – SMS Support
How SMS supports the Music National Curriculum KS3