In the sections below, we outline our Terms and Conditions that will apply to you for various services that you buy in to
Swindon Music Service reserves the right to review these terms from time to time, normally at the end of an academic year. You will have the option to accept the revised terms or withdraw from future services/projects if we change our terms. if we advise you of any material change to these terms to your detriment without giving sufficient notice to enable you to withdraw from the Agreement by the specified date, you wi not be required to pay a fee in lieu of notice in respect of the following term.
A new Schools' Framework Agreement is now available. This agreement will only need to be signed once and will remain open unless either the school of the music service terminates the agreement. The Agreement will be sent to your school for electronic signature. Thereafter school will purchase their services on an annual basis in advance, and use a buy-as-you-go process for additional services throughout the year.
By applying for lessons with Swindon Music Service (SMS) you agree to the following terms and conditions as shown below.
For the purpose of this agreement a ‘term’ refers to a three term academic year: autumn, spring and summer.
Instrumental/vocal tuition in schools
Cost of lessons
It is the responsibility of the student to arrive on time for lessons. SMS will not refund missed lessons where:
SMS will refund/re-schedule missed lessons where:
Cancellation of tuition
Fees must be paid termly in advance
Invoices will be issued via email and tuition will not commence until payment has been made.
Musical instruments should be insured
How to enrol your child for instrumental lessons at school
Register your interest online at https://smscio.org/central-music-school/e-application-form-for-lessons/ or completing the pdf form and sending it to:
Swindon Music Service
Instrumental lessons request
Or email to: email@example.com
Pupils will be allocated to a lesson as soon as possible. The availability of a tutor cannot be guaranteed, especially where a tutor is not currently available on the requested instrument at the school. A waiting list will be created and every effort will be made to ensure tuition commences as soon as possible. This will normally be at the beginning of a term. If tuition begins in the middle of a ten week cycle, tuition will be charged pro rata according to the number of lessons remaining in the cycle. The SMS will then contact you to discuss final arrangements and payment
Confirmation of instrumental lessons will be given as soon as SMS has arranged the timetables. A copy will still be sent to you and displayed in the school.
SMS cancellation deadlines:
To stop lessons at the end of the Autumn term, you must give written notice by 20th November.
To stop lessons at the end of the Spring term, you must give written notice by 20th March.
To stop lessons at the end of the Summer term, you must give written notice by 20th July.
7. Tutors will deliver 30 lessons in the academic year. Any lessons
missed by pupils cannot be refunded unless due to illness lasting for two weeks or more and accompanied by a doctor’s note. Lessons not delivered by the tutor will be rearranged as necessary. If the tutor has not been available for 30 lessons during the year, a refund will be given at the end of the academic year for the missing lessons.
8. Pupils are responsible for the safe keeping of their musical
Instrument and Swindon Music Service does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to such instruments.
9. Any complaints should be sent in writing to:
Mr Peter Clark, Chief Executive Officer, Swindon Music Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swindon Young Musicians - provides 30 music centre sessions over the three term academic year. Due to the uneven length of school terms the number of sessions offered in each term may vary.
SMS does not accept liability for loss or damage to pupils’ instruments or personal possessions. Parents/carers should arrange appropriate insurance for these items.
How to enrol your child form membership of Swindon Young Musicians Club
Attendance at SYM ensembles will only be possible after completion of the SMS online enrolment and payment process
Register your interest online at https://smscio.org/ensembles/swindon-young-musicians/forms-and-information/sym-application-form/
Changes to terms and conditions
SMS will review these terms and conditions on an annual basis.
Charges will be reviewed on an annual basis by the board of trustees
Should any changes occur they will not be implemented until the start of the next academic year. Parents/carers will be notified of these changes as soon as possible.
Contacting Swindon Music Service
Any comments should be sent in writing to Swindon Music Service, The Platform, Faringdon Road, Swindon SN5 5BJ or email: email@example.com
1. The hire charges (as applicable) must be paid promptly upon receipt of the Instrument Hire Invoice. Children and young people may be able to apply for further periods of hire beyond the initial 12-months. However, a hire agreement is not open-ended and will require a new contract at the end of each 12-month period.
2. All information requested on the “Hire Request Form” must be given.
4. Repairs may only be undertaken by the Repair Technician at the Platform unless written agreement from Swindon Music Service is given. See below for instrument return/collection details.
5. Instruments are hired to you in full working order. The replacement of items such as strings or reeds are your responsibility unless there is an obvious fault at the time of receiving the instrument.
6. Every care should be taken to protect the instrument against loss or damage. The hire charge does not cover this. In the event of loss or damage you will be required to compensate Swindon Music Service up to the replacement value of the instrument. It is your responsibility to insure against this, and if you do not, you could become liable for the cost of repair or replacement of the instrument.
7. If, at any time, you no longer require the instrument it should be returned to The Platform, Faringdon Road, Swindon SN1 5BJ. See below for instrument return/collection details. A ‘Return Slip’ will be completed by the Swindon Music Service staff and a copy given to you as proof of return.
8. The instrument may not be transferred to any other person.
9. Please advise us immediately of any change of address or personal details.
10. If the instrument provided is exchanged either like for like, or for a different type of instrument (e.g. a clarinet is exchanged for a trumpet) then the above conditions still apply and any difference in replacement value should be observed
11.Failure to return the instrument by the termination date will see the refundable deposit being deducted. If the instrument has not been returned within a 4-week window of the termination date, Swindon Music Service will start a CCJ claim against you to the full value of the instrument at the costs shown in the instrument hire brochure.
It is usual as a part of our performance activities for still pictures and video footage to be taken of our performers in action. The pictures and video footage are used to provide copies to students and pupils and as part of our publicity and information activities. They are also used on our official Facebook page, Twitter account and on our website. All photographing and videoing falls within LEA guidelines for photographing students.
The participation of students in our activities is on the basis that permission has been granted by students and their parents for still pictures and video footage to be taken.