Help build the Whole Child through music
Our belief is that all children and young people in Swindon can take part in music making activities that excite and challenge them, raising their aspirations and giving them the opportunity to develop their talents. Sadly, disadvantaged children and young people can miss out on all the developmental opportunities music can bring.
‘Money shouldn’t be a barrier to a child accessing music’
We’re a charity that only exists because of the generosity of our supporters. Support can come in all shapes and sizes. Here is how you can help by:
- Donating to our Vivace campaign or the Ukrainian Children Appeal and see your donation ‘doubled’.
- Becoming an SMS Champion
- becoming a Corporate Partner
- leaving a gift in your Will
- Becoming a volunteer
However you choose to support us, your donation will provide valuable access to music activities that will help ‘build the Whole Child through’:
Remember you can Gift aid your donation seeing the charity claiming an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It will not cost you any extra.. If you donate through JustGiving you can Gift aid your donation online when you make your donation. If you wish to donate in a different way please complete our online form.
There’s much more to support than financial assistance. If you can’t afford to give financially or are looking to give back in different ways, there are all sorts of ways you can do so. From making SMS your Amazon affiliate charity to donating your time, there’s always a way you can help. Join in with the Swindon Community Lottery and donate to Swindon Music Service.
Set up a donation
Thank you for deciding to support SMS
Make a donation to our Vivice campaign, supported by Make Music Swindon (the music education hub for Swindon), your donation will be 'DOUBLED' if you sign up to be an SMS Companion by making a monthly donation. Or simply make a one-off donation. Remember you can Gift Aid your donations. Submit your donations through JustGiving:Donate
Alternatively, you can donate through a bank transfer and here are our details:
If you do make a band transfer, don't forget, you can still Gift Aid your donation by completing an online Gift Aid Declaration form: Gift Aid Form
Become a Music Champion School
Swindon Champion Music School
As teachers you see first-hand the difference music can make to the whole child, not only their creativity, but confidence, self-esteem and problem solving skills. Music benefits their whole well-being and attainment. But funding can often be a challenge, especially when balanced against the ‘core’ subjects. We know the struggle, and that’s why we’ve created a variety of packages for your school.
Our schools package
There are four ways a school can partner with Swindon Music Service so that your pupils can develop their full potential through music:
- By joining the hub from as little as £61 per annum, which gives you key benefits, helping your music education grants go further.
- Through our golden ticket scheme. Our tutors will give out golden tickets to children. These are kindly funded through the generosity of our supporters via the Vivace Campaign.
- Schools music development grant. You can apply to be one of our 8 schools who can benefit from this scheme.
- Fundraising. We know that affordability can often be a problem for children and young people accessing the benefits of music. However, you could run your own fundraising activities to help those children you feel would benefit from music seeing them develop an existing talent. By you providing a creative outlet, your students can develop their confidence and their personal and/or social development.
How does access to music services work through fundraising?
It’s easy! - It costs just £11 for a 20-minute individual instrumental/vocal music lesson with one of our tutors. This could take place at school during the school day, at our music centre (the Platform) or online. And for every £11 you raise, we will match it from our own funds, effectively giving your pupils double access to the benefits of music (two for the price of one).
Here’s a few ideas for you.
- Host a music making day - Every child brings in £1 to take part in a music making session. (maybe they can even dress up as their favourite musician).
- Host a sponsored music-a-thon where the children generate sponsorship.
- Hold an end of term school music concert with entrance fee proceeds helping your pupils to access more music tuition.
- Develop a song writing and recording competition, with £1 entry and the winner getting a guaranteed tutor slot.
- Hold a make a musical instrument activity - with £1 entry get the children to make their own musical instrument and then test them out in a music making activity. Judge which instrument works the best and the winner getting a guaranteed tutor slot.
- Or think of your own, whether it’s a sponsored activity or donation to enter, you can make it a creative and lively day your children will enjoy. And not only can you tie it into the curriculum, you can raise money from it too.
Music can help develop the whole child, and with the support from your PTA, parents and governors through fundraising, you can provide more of the benefits music can offer to more of your pupils.
How to organise your day:
- Choose a date
- Choose your music making fundraising activity (talk to your School Music Outreach leader from the music service if needed)
- Get the children excited and send out communications to parents
- Recruit PTA or volunteers to help out if needed
- Host your fundraising activity/day
- Once you’ve raised your money, please contact: email@example.com to discuss the match funding offer and how to deploy the scheme.
For any support on how to create your fundraising day email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an SMS Companion
Our SMS Companion cause
SMS Companions are those supportive people who give regularly from £5 per month to our charity. The monthly amount you give is entirely up to you. Every donation goes towards helping children and young people develop their musical skills and to overcome the financial and social barriers they may face.
Donate today and help us give children and young people a chance of engaging in making music.
And now through our Vivace campaign, your donation will be match-funding seeing your amount 'DOUBLED' if you sign up to be an SMS Companion.
Want to give a higher amount?
If you have the means to give at a higher level please read our SMS Guardian scheme.
Become a Corporate Partner
There are many ways for local companies to support local children. But why pick Swindon Music Service?
We believe every child deserves the best start in life, with equal access to activities that build their confidence, abilities and passion. And music activities can do just that, but sadly, music is often viewed as ‘nice to have’, meaning it suffers from under funding. But with support from local companies we can make sure that money isn’t a barrier to children and young people accessing the powerful benefits of music making activities, whether it’s group and social sessions or individual instrumental/vocal tuition.
If your organisation cares about the following, then we might just be the charity for you…
- Helping childrens' development (in and around Swindon) for 21st century jobs (creative thinking and problem solving are vital skills for the workplace).
- Helping disadvantaged children have equal access to the benefits of music education.
- Helping to future proof arts and culture by investing in developing the passion for music and arts in children.
- Supporting Covid recovery for children's' wellbeing and helping more access the healing powers of music.
How your organisation can support us.
There are a variety of ways you can support us:
- Make a donation to our Vivace Campaign. Our Vivace Campaign aims to get as many children and young people as possible accessing lively music sessions, whether in group sessions or individual instrumental/vocal tuition. We quickly see children benefiting from improved ability and confidence and self-esteem. Vivace campaign
- Sponsor a festival or a band. Being associated with a local charity for children and young people not only benefits us, but benefits you too, with your company name and logo getting into the hundreds of local homes.
- Make us your charity of the year.
- Donate prizes for us to raffle off at festivals and performances, helping us to raise vital funds to reach more children and young people with the benefits of music.
Please contact Peter Clark: email@example.com to discuss how you’d like to support us.
Lead sponsor £2,000
Festival partner £300
As a lead sponsor of our festivals, you will receive the following for your donation:
- ‘Voice Festival sponsored by
- Full page advert on the back page of the performance programme (2700 copies)
- A pull up sponsorship banner all about you. The poster will be placed in the Wyvern for the duration of our 10 performances and to the Platform during the course of the year.
- 6 corporate tickets
We also welcome support from ‘partners’ who will receive 2 corporate tickets to our performances and a ½ page advert in our performance programmes, which we anticipate printing and selling 2700 copies.
Remember SMS in your Will
Fundraise for SMS
Why not do the Swindon Community Lottery?
When you but tickets to the Swindon Community Lottery, you can donate to Swindon Music Service.
Buy your tickets here and help us fundraise
Do you shop with Amazon?
shop via Amazon Smile and raise funds for Swindon Music Service with no cost